Window turned blank white halfway through very intensive program. Can RStudio's Renderer be "refreshed"?

I'm running a very CPU and RAM intensive package on a relatively clean Ubuntu base with nothing else running.

The package is expected to take about ~2 days to run.

However, today I realised that the screen turned blank white. The general system is still very snappy, and system resources still being monitored and refreshed. RAM usage remains high, around 90%, hence I suspect the package is still running.

The menu along the top of the window can still be interacted with, but nothing seems to do anything, and I don't want to poke around too much that may cause further damage.

Is there any way to "refresh" Rstudio's renderer without also terminating/restarting the running process? Or will UI elements come back automatically when the process is complete? Or is it already a goner?

Artful,

I had the exact same problem last week. Couldn't get my R back up and working and sadly ended up reformatting my drive.

However, I did get many suggestions from others.

One mention removing your power supply (if you are using a laptop).
Power down your computer for minimum 5mins.
Restart the computer without the power supply.
Restart R

Another mentioned to delete the *.RData file from your project folder (or at least remove it, probably save it in another location if you don't want to lose it). It will clear your workspace and then try to restart R .

Others mention deleting or renam the RStudio folder under C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\RStudio
and C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RStudio

Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.