With Multiple Groups of Students How Should I Split Up My R-Projects & Workspaces with RStudio.Cloud?

Do you suggest a separate space for each group of students if I have more than one group?

If I want to assign a different project to each different group of students, should I create different workspaces or could I have one workspace and create different projects within it with different access privileges so that students can access only the project assigned to them?

This question originated from Teaching R online with RStudio Cloud - Webinar Follow-Up

This depends on what you mean by "group". I recommend keeping students who are exposed to the same material and assignments in a single workspace, even if the course has multiple sections (e.g. multiple lab/workshops sections but same lectures, assignments, assessments).

For different courses (covering different materials and with different assignments) use separate spaces.

I think about it as one workspace for each course I teach.

Should I want to assign a different project to each different group of students, should I create different workspaces or could I have one workspace and create different projects within it with different access privileges so that students can access only the project assigned to them?

It is currently possible to open project access to a subset of students in a workspace. If you wanted to do this you can either create separate workspaces (as described in the previous question) or use the share a single project option for specific groups of students.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.