Within-design choice experiment in R

Hi there,

I have a question regarding my data analysis and would really appreciate it if you could help me. It is a general statistics / R question.

I will ask participants to make 15 different choices between 4 investment options (1 conventional and three different sustainable options). The options only vary in fees (1.5%, 1.3%, 1.8% see table). I will also measure various variables like environmental attitudes or beliefs about performances.

I never worked with an within design before and have no idea how to analyze it. Basically, I want to investigate deviations from the baseline (all fees are 1.5%) to see where people switch options and if there are people willing to pay a higher price (and maybe who those people are, e.g. higher environmental attitudes) and if not what they switch to and what they do if all sustainable options are expensive.

I thought about first grouping the participants based on their baseline choice and then further investigate all the questions above - but I am really lost here. Do I build a regression for every group with a variable for each choice after the baseline?

This might even be a too large topic for the forum but maybe some of you have an idea that helps me!

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Mariella

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.