Writing in Greek

Greeting everybody. I am happy to be here, (I am a new one). I recently faced a problem. I am trying to write greek text (in markdown but as comments in R as well), and noticed that as I am keep on writing, the letters I use are not normally import. As I keep on writing, a space is created to the left side of them that apparently if I click on a place in the space is like clicking in a previous character. I am greek and I am typing in greek so I so did not used any latex command for greek letters or anything else.

Welcome!

I personally was not able to replicate your issue when typing in Greek. I found that I can normally type without any spaces being added to the words or to any side of them.

I am not sure what is causing this but two potential solutions that I can think of are to restart RStudio and perhaps change your editor font (this can be found under settings > appearance).

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your immediate response!! That actually helped me a lot. I tried all the different combinations. FYI I found out that there is a bug (at least at my Mac) when the field "Editor font" is set Monaco, PTMono-Regular or PTMono-Bold (should I report this somewhere?). The rest work great with greek as the input language. Thank you once again @arisp99. Have a great day!

Glad I could help @KavourT! I am also on mac and found that I too experience the bug when changing my font to one of the fonts you provided. You could consider reporting the bug directly to RStudio on their GitHub page.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.