xlsx not loading (windows 10)

Hi guysrstudio_xlsx_not_loading
I have just started learning R, and am following whatever video tutorial I can get my hands on online. I am stuck at this point whereby I am trying to execute read.xlsx and I cannot load / install xlsx. Please help.

I am completely novice so please excuse my ignorance in this post or in any of the replies.

• Faisal

I suggest you try the readxl package and its read_excel() function. You will not have to worry about Java problems with that package.

Avoiding the Java dependency is the popular choice these days but if you need to work with it, the solution is to set your JAVA_HOME variable in one of your startup files (i.e. Rprofile.site, .Rprofile, Renviron.site or .Renviron)

# This is an example with my Java version, you have to change your path accordingly with your own Java version
Sys.setenv('JAVA_HOME'="C:/Program Files/Java/jdk-11.0.1/")

Thanks FJCC. I am doing a course online, so I am not sure if I am ALLOWED to bypass xlsx function...... what you suggested does make more sense so maybe I will try that and see how it pans out.

I need to see how to do this. I am a novice, but I feel I follow what you are saying......

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.