Authors: Joshua Kunst
Working with Shiny more than 1 year
Abstract: A shiny app to explore international trade data
Full Description: This is a mix of things! First of all this app is a revisit of an old project http://www.piaschile.cl/mercado/benchmarking-internacional/ (spanish) which is a shinyapp that I whished to present in the previous contest :(. So I reworked some previous ideas like:
- Sparkline in a valueBox (hope I can make a post about this soon!)
- Stylize the app so it doesn't look like a usual shiny app.
And join them with some new ones:
- Using the color in the chart subtitle for make more readable the legends.
- Try using htmlwidgets as background to try make the app more dinamic (wip)
- Using some nice shinyextensions like shinyWidgets
- This app use
economiccomplexitypackages for the data retrieval and get some indicators. Thanks to @pachamaltese for his knowledge.
purrrand friends for data processing.
colorfindrto get the "main color" of a country given its flag (this was a fun part, code in the project/repo).
shinydashboard(yep! is a shiny dashboard app) valueBox es for the win.
shinyWidgetsfor some buttons and the nice big pickerInput.
I hope you like it and bring you some ideas.
Category: Shiny extensions
Keywords: dashboard, trade data, experiments, shiny extensions, styling, learning
Shiny app: http://jbkunst.shinyapps.io/trd-sttstcs
RStudio Cloud: https://rstudio.cloud/project/1104953