YAML error from blogdown

I have a blog that uses R Markdown. After a large package update (6 months worth), when I try to rebuild the site. I get an error message:

> blogdown:::serve_site()
Error: logged 2 error(s)
Error in yaml.load(readLines(con), error.label = error.label, ...) : 
  (/tmp/Rtmpz0fjQs/file651f32dd9890.md) Parser error: did not find expected <document start> at line 16, column 1

My understanding is that since rebuilding the site looks at all the Rmd files, this message could pertain to any of them? In any event, I verified the headers for the file I have been changing lately, and it passed. (using https://codebeautify.org/yaml-validator).

I am absolutely stumped. Don't really know what to look at or what to look for. Any suggestions for a strategy would be very welcome.

This is the first part of the currently active file, past line 16.

---
title: Early Voting Harris County
author: Alan Jackson
date: '2020-10-18'
categories:
  - Voting
  - Covid-19
tags:
  - Houston
  - Mapping
keywords: tech
slug: early-voting-harris-county.en-us
---

## Let's take a look at the early voting data for Harris County

Since I already have a bunch of data for Harris County precincts 
and zip codes, why not make some use of it?

The example file you provided looks okay to me, and I don't think the error came from that file. Do you have the full source of the website anywhere? Have you tried the dev version of blogdown?

remotes::install_github('rstudio/blogdown')

I believe the issue should be fixed now if you install the dev version. Please let me know if that's not the case. Thanks!

1 Like

That fixed it! Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.