paid / remote || Gibraltar || Estonia / full-time
We deliver the marketing science agenda within the wider sphere of analytics for a scaling social gaming operator. Our team tracks, attributes and models the effectiveness of marketing investment. Key topics include multi-touch attribution, marketing mix modelling, causal inference systems and time series forecasting. Looking to continue growing the company through data-driven solutions with senior leadership investing heavily into analytics.
Modern tech stack housed predominantly in the GCP ecosystem. Web tracking into GA, automated data ingestion from multiple channels into GBQ, real-time transactional data in PostgreSQL, a SQL semantic layer on our datawarehouses in Looker via LookML, results feed directly back into marketing platforms for dynamic targeting/re-targeting. We use a combination of R, SQL and Python for modelling, performing analysis and building custom data pipelines. We are language agnostic, but firm R believers - the correct language to use is the one which gets the job done. Analytics has full ownership of the platform and can rapidly experiment new frameworks and environments.
YSI is a super fast-growing social gaming company, headquartered in Gibraltar with colleagues around the world.
We are looking for exceptional, smart talent striving to be number one. Motivated and capable of scaling up business functions at pace through domain expertise and a desire to always improve.
As a Marketing Data Scientist, you will be responsible for modelling the effectiveness of our marketing activities through a range of your favourite statistical techniques. Think marketing mix modelling (MMM), time series regression, x-touch attribution modelling, causal inference, network analysis, econometrics and more.
You will apply critical thinking and design statistical approaches to solve complex business challenges, translating advanced problems into technical specifications to deliver actionable insights and inform marketing decision-making across the business.
Successful candidates will have a natural ability to work as part of a team, but also on their own initiative as well as having confidence to make decisions, prioritise workload and meet deadlines under pressure. This role is part of the Analytics team and reports into the Head of Analytics.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work closely with business and analytics stakeholders to plan, design and execute end-to-end marketing science projects to support marketing operations.
- Develop an ensemble of statistical models to quantify the impact of marketing activity across the estate with actionable information for our marketing team.
- Build analytical tools which uncover data insights, generated by your automated pipelines, to empower the marketing team to make timely value-adding business decisions.
- Employ causal inference and predictive modelling techniques to improve the performance of our models and educate decision-makers.
- Identify new internal and external data sources which can deepen our understanding of customer behaviour and causality of marketing.
- Code and maintain reproducible procedures to promote best practices across the business for sharing and leveraging work across projects.
- Manage API endpoints to integrate to embed ML driven solutions within operational processes on multiple key applications.
- Leverage and enhance our technical stack to suit your preferred workflow to launch your new marketing science products in days rather than months.
- Design data visualisation assets to monitor model performance over time and translate into commercial value add with data science.
- Stay up to date on bleeding edge marketing science methodology for tracking, modelling and forecasting marketing performance; actively initiate change when innovative opportunities are found.
- Share your knowledge and champion marketing science across the business.
What we are looking for...
- Must-have: very proficient in R or Python for statistical programming and data manipulation.
- Highly skilled at writing complex SQL queries and comfortable with merging complex datasets into functional presentation layers for model inputs.
- Previous experience with a marketing science role for digital business is essential.
- Awareness of both technical and business-practical aspects of data science.
- Excellent knowledge of applied probability and statistics with practical experience in applying these concepts to marketing science.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in the areas of causal inference, predictive modelling and machine learning for marketing.
- Exposure to Google Marketing Platform ecosystem is a plus.
- Knowledge of using version control via Git.
- Experience with BI reporting and data visualization tools, such as Looker or Data Studio an advantage.
- Online gaming experience is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – completely fluent in English – with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Driven by curiosity and a “let’s do this” problem-solving mindset.
- Able to break down complex topics effectively and articulate data insights into actions.
- Goal oriented individuals with a strong focus on completing tasks and producing high quality results within a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude with a passion for innovating, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Highly Competitive Package
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Private Health Insurance
- Regular team social events and more lifestyle employment benefits to be announced
- Plus the opportunity to join a fast-growing business to accelerate your career growth.
Apply directly at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3029886485 or send your CV through to email@example.com