Paid, Contract, Temporary / Remote accepted: Columbus, Ohio / 7-8 months
The Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COHHIO) is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) agency founded in 1994 and is committed to ending homelessness and promoting decent, safe, fair, affordable housing for all, with a focus on assisting low-income people and special needs populations.
COHHIO is seeking data analysis assistance to support our work on a pilot project with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) in our quarterly analysis of youth homelessness grantee data.
Through this RFQ, COHHIO is seeking responses from individuals/entities/contractors who will develop a reporting system and analysis tool to analyze ODH Youth Homelessness grantee performance. A Shiny app is preferred, as the system must be:
- Compliant with HUD Data Standards
- Able to process multiple csv(s) within Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Platform
- Automated and functional in a cloud environment (preferably shinyapps.io).
An example of an acceptable reporting system and analysis tool of a similar scope: “A Way Home America” Data Sharing Form
The reporting system and analysis tool should provide analysis and visualization similar to the “A Way Home America” Community Dashboard
The key components of this project include development of an analysis system, preferably an app, that can be used to gather and analyze outcome data from multiple programs in a meaningful way:
- Develop a data storage & retrieval system that is HIPAA compliant and robust to missing data
- Aggregate summary statistics within & across multiple programs to suit stakeholders needs
- Develop intuitively legible data visualization and data displays for the summary statistics that will be made available via a Shiny app
- Train COHHIO HMIS staff to operate, maintain and continue to add to the codebase and to use the Shiny app
- Proficient use of inter- and intra-office communication tools such as email, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Zoom, Slack, Trello and similar tools
- Experience building custom reporting systems including visualization (preferably R language experience with the golem framework)
- Ease with collaborative GitHub workflows
- Experience working collaboratively on reporting and visualization design
- Experience with HMIS software
- Experience with HUD Data Standards
- A solid understanding of Shiny reactivity
- R language experience that includes tidyverse, functional programming, package building, writing roxygen
documentation & modularized Shiny app development (preferably with the golem framework)
- An understanding of the concepts in Advanced R especially R6 classes, meta-programming & tidy evaluation.
- Comfort with function-based, DNRY/defensive programming
An initial meeting via Zoom, followed by a communication plan, is best for moving the work forward. No travel will be necessary.
Individuals/entities/contractors will need to sign a Confidentiality Agreement to ensure confidentiality of the raw data.
COHHIO hopes to have a candidate decision by March 31st, 2022 , with a working prototype by October 31st, 2022
Please email email@example.com by March 31st 2022, with the following:
- Confirmation that you are based in the United States
- A statement of interest
- A resume outlining the respondent’s experience
- A fee proposal
- Links to existing portfolio items (GitHub) that demonstrate required and preferred background/knowledge
- Description of availability, based on the timeline stated above
If further discussion is needed in order to provide a fee proposal, upon submission of all other requirements, respondents may request a 30-minute zoom meeting to ask necessary questions.
RFQ responses will only be accepted by email, up to and including March 31st 2022, by 11:59pm.
No responses by mail or in person will be accepted.