zombie error when starting R

I was trying out the usethis package and made a mistake and it has been quite unforgiving.

This error message starts up with R no matter what version or after new session

Error in usethis::usethis.protocol = "https" : object 'usethis' not found

I am able to run scripts but not Shiny Applications/knit markdown documents.

This error shows up in other versions of R ie versions 3.5.

I reinstalled usethis
I have tried re-starting/new sessions of R
I have uninstalled and reinstalled R 3.6 including libraries
I have uninstalled previous version of R
I have uninstalled and reinstalled R studio

Sorry not able to run a reprex on it either.

sessionInfo()
R version 3.6.0 (2019-04-26)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 17134)

Have you checked the content of the .Rprofile files that you might have left behind in your project folder or any other relevant location?

Customizing Startup
You can customize the R environment through a site initialization file or a directory initialization file. R will always source the Rprofile.site file first. On Windows, the file is in the C:\Program Files\R\R-n.n.n\etc directory. You can also place a .Rprofile file in any directory that you are going to run R from or in the user home directory.
At startup, R will source the Rprofile.site file. It will then look for a . Rprofile file to source in the current working directory. If it doesn't find it, it will look for one in the user's home directory. There are two special functions you can place in these files. . First( ) will be run at the start of the R session and .Last( ) will be run at the end of the session. Blockquote

Thank you! That was the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.