Authors: Abdoul ISSA BIDA
Abstract: This table is an immersion among the most prestigious wines in the world from the most famous vineyards and exceptional vintages.
Data from Vivino (which is one of the most important online wine sales markets) is scraped with a code mixing Python and R taking advantage of both languages and benefiting
from the power that reticulate package offers to use multiple languages in a single R Markdown.
Table contains various information about the wine in particular :
- its name (ex: Chablis)
- its style (ex: Burgundy Mâconnais White)
- its viticultural domain (ex: Domaine Passy le Clou)
- its grapes varieties (ex: 100 % Chardonnay)
- its region (ex: France/Bourgogne/Chablis)
- its alcohol content (ex: 14 %)
- its allergens (ex: sulphite)
- its food pairings (ex: Game, Fatty fish(Tuna, Salmon ...etc))
- its price
- its rating
- its number of reviews
- its page link (I won't use it)
- its bottle image link
Combos have been defined between several columns for the purposes of the final table.
A more complete description is available on the github page of the project.
Table Type: static-print
Submission Type: Single Table Example
DT package used: false
gt package used: true
reactable package used: false
flextable package used: false
huxtable package used: false
kableExtra package used: false