Learnr tutorial shows only output, not input code box

We deploy learnr tutorials via this package to our intro to econometrics course: GitHub - ScPoEcon/ScPoEconometrics: Undergraduate textbook for Econometrics with R

if you install it with

library(devtools)
install_github(repo = "ScPoEcon/ScPoEconometrics")

you can run an associated tutorial with runTutorial('chapter2'). This works perfectly for the majority of our students. One student, however, sees a browser with only the printed output of the last command instead of the actual codebox where they are supposed to enter code into. has anyone ever experienced this?

Strange, indeed! Can you give some detail about the setup of that computer? Is the student using the same browser as everyone else? Are there any extensions active, etc?

that's what I thought! here is her sessionInfo:

R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows >= 8 x64 (build 9200)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=French_France.1252  LC_CTYPE=French_France.1252    LC_MONETARY=French_France.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C                   LC_TIME=French_France.1252    

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base    

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.5.1 tools_3.5.1    yaml_2.2.0

then she launches and sees this in her console (browser is as described - no code box!)

> library(ScPoEconometrics);runTutorial("chapter2")
Loading required package: shiny

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:3095

That's really strange. Since it's happening in the IDE browser, and doesn't seem to happen with any other machines, you might want to move this into #rstudio-ide (though, of course, your thread's fine staying here). Just trying to think of how to get the right eyes on your issue!

thanks! I think I changed the labels on the question - anything else I need to do?