Loading Packages

I've assumed too much. This isn't a problem that can be corrected from within R. It requires modifications within the macOS through its Terminal.app. Are you familiar with its use?

I'm not very familiar.. :neutral_face:

Can you get someone to guide you through in person (in a socially distanced way)? I could post a binary plug and play version for you to download and put in the directory it should be, but I'm concerned that you're not quite there yet, despite our efforts.

So let's re-install R. Doing this using the original version dmg file will definitely write png to the proper directory. Are you sure you installed per

@ technocrat - you're the man! Your patience with beginners is what makes the community great. I think reinstalling R was a great call. Watching the unraveling of this issue has been fun.

Put some brownie points in your paycheck for your helpful attitude.

1 Like

You're right. Im definitely not there. This is all very new to me and I can't thank you enough for your patience :slight_smile:

I have deleted R and R studio and redownloaded it but I have the same problem? Yes, I downloaded it from the R-4.0.2pkg link (as seen above) :slight_smile:

Hi BridgetJ. I had the error message when I tried to load Hmisc. You can try to uninstall the current R and then go to CRAN to install an older version R-3.6.3.nn.pkg. This solved my problem, twice! Hope this will help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.