Strange locale problems in R after update to Mojave

Yes, you're right.

Regardless, there is a bug in Mojave where the locale is always reported with an en_ prefix, which RStudio was running afoul of.

This should hopefully be resolved in the latest daily builds (https://dailies.rstudio.com/), with RStudio v1.2.1030. We'll plan on backporting the patch to v1.1 if we can confirm it does indeed function as expected.

But the odd locale is not in the list produced by running "locale -a" on terminal and the error is not present when running standalone R.
Another piece of information: when installing new packages I get this other warning: tar: Failed to set default locale. Again this warning do not appear in vanilla R.

Is that still happening with the latest daily build (as Kevin suggests it should be fixed in there, above).

Yep I confirm that the problem seems to be resolved after the update. Many thanks!

1 Like

If your question's been answered (even if by you), would you mind choosing a solution? (See FAQ below for how).

Having questions checked as resolved makes it a bit easier to navigate the site visually and see which threads still need help.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks all for this post !

I was hit by this problem a bit later so providing an update.

When I installed RStudio Desktop 1.1.463 the problem was solved.