What language to learn after R

I didn't wanted to go to python so I learned golang. And seems like is not good for data analysis.

Nobody is using it for that purpose.

And javascript again would have same problems that r has but they would compliment each other on many level.

However this year until December Julia 1.0 is about to break into market. I have my fingers crossed for that. It might be a suitable second language to learn. Because you can always come to R for add hoc analysis. But when you want to build something with what you got you need a faster language.

FYI I love R and this is the only language I know and trust all times

People are using Go for data analysis. A lot of people, actually, though certainly not as many as R or Python. If you want proof, check out all the resources available on Go for data science:

3 Likes

Additionally, a lot of really smart people are working to make it easier to use Go programs within R and vice versa.

1 Like

I learned go for data analysis But I didn't find any suitable library in go. I Loved everything about go. But the community emphasises too much on standard libraries and thus most of the libraries are not yet at 1.0 and it's not good for analytics at all. It's like using c++ for analysis.

Learn Malbolge!