A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Hello.
First I apologize if the topics is somehow already solved. But anyway.
I have quite an issue with initializing standalone dll (coolprop) in R Studio rev. higher than 1.1.463.
When I try to initialize CoolProp.dll
using
dyn.load(paste("C:\Users\xxx\Documents\!R\CoolProp", .Platform$dynlib.ext, sep=""))

in later R Studios I got this Error:

*Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) : *

• unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/xxx/Documents/!R/CoolProp.dll':*
  • LoadLibrary failure: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.*

The issue does not happen in R Studio 1.1.463 or in pure R console (version 3.6.2 64bit) all under Windows 10.
Would you please be so kind and advise how can I load this dll ?
Please note, there is no way how to reinstall CoolProp - it is only standalone .dll downloaded separately + wrapper (r script) calling loaded .dll routines.

DLLs are typically used with compilers to produce executable programs (,exe). This is from the dyn.load documentation:

"The creation of DLLs and the runtime linking of them into executing programs is very platform dependent."

There are so many things that can wrong here.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I do understand this, but there must be some basic change in R Studio code in area of loading .dlls between version 1.1.463 and later.
The platform dependency can't be blamed because the .dll is loaded perfectly in pure R console. The problem is really in R Studio - the compatibility of dlls changed and some approach is no longer supported in R Studio, whilst pure R (and old RStudio) work OK.

Would somebody point out the issue please, so I can address it into the Cooolprop developers group and resolve the incompatibility of latest R Studio and coolprop.dll

Would we do a list of possible issues please?