Apply CSS to all my apps.

I have a question regarding how to apply colours and layout to all the apps in shiny.
I have all my all saved here:

• /srv/shiny-server/all_apps/

And I have three apps:

• /srv/shiny-server/all_apps/app_1/
  • /srv/shiny-server/all_apps/app_2/
  • /srv/shiny-server/all_apps/app_3/

I know that if I need to include a CSS file for the app_1, I need to create inside app_1 a www folder and save the CSS file inside.

But I don't know where I need to save the CSS/HTML files to create a nice interface where the user can select the app that they want. Right now if I go to the following page:

• /srv/shiny-server/all_apps/
    I
    I have an ugly first page to select one of the three apps (see below).

Index of /all_apps/

Could anyone help?

Thanks,

Julen

If I remember correctly, there should be an index.html file in the directory /srv/shiny-server/all_apps/. You can edit that and link it to a CSS file.

there isn't any HTML file. I tried to create one and put in this location but I didn't work.

Can you post the content of your shiny-server.conf file? Mine is located at /etc/shiny-server/shiny-server.conf. It looks like this:

# Instruct Shiny Server to run applications as the user "shiny"
run_as shiny;

# Define a server that listens on port 3838
server {
  listen 3838;

# Define a location at the base URL
  location / {

# Host the directory of Shiny Apps stored in this directory
    site_dir /srv/shiny-server;

# Log all Shiny output to files in this directory
    log_dir /var/log/shiny-server;

# When a user visits the base URL rather than a particular application,
    # an index of the applications available in this directory will be shown.
    directory_index on;
  }
}

I found why. there wasn't any html file. But I have created one index.html and I can modify my main page.

Thanks for your help

Julen

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.