for example i have the code below
Sys.getlocale() Sys.setlocale("LC_ALL", locale = "Russian") A <- 'абвгд' paste(A, sep = '!') print(A)
the result of code execution is:
> Sys.getlocale()  "LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252" Warning message: In load(path, envir = .GlobalEnv) : strings not representable in native encoding will be translated to UTF-8 > Sys.setlocale("LC_ALL", locale = "Russian")  "LC_COLLATE=Russian_Russia.1251;LC_CTYPE=Russian_Russia.1251;LC_MONETARY=Russian_Russia.1251;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=Russian_Russia.1251" > A <- 'АБВГД' > paste(A, sep = '!')  "\u0410\u0411\u0412\u0413\u0414" > print(A)  "\u0410\u0411\u0412\u0413\u0414" > cat(A) АБВГД
I tried everything what I found in Google, nothing helped to solve this problem .
Also I tried change system locale in: control panel->Region->Administrative->Change system locale->Russian (Russia) and ticked "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support"
Besides I tried to change file encoding into UTF-8 and Global Options->Code->Saving->Default text Encoding UTF-8, Line encoding conversion Platform Native. Into Project Options->Code Editing->Line encoding conversion->Use Default, Text encoding->UTF-8
I really hope for your help.