Cannot run Shiny App after installing Ubuntu

Recently I installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on my Windows 10 Skytech archangel. I needed for a Adruino project. Now I cannot get my Shiny app to run it tells me that shinyjs: extendShinyjs: functions argument must not contain any of the following function names: reset

I have never seen this error previously. Do I need to install the shiny server, too?

Thanks for your help.

Can you please clarify, on what OS are you trying to run your shiny app Windows 10 or Ubuntu? Also, how are you running the app?

Ideally, can you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at these resources, to see how to create one for a shiny app

I had a similar problem. While that particular error message is not well-documented, I believe it means that you need to name your function something other than "reset", or any other existing default javascript function name. Try something like

extendShinyjs(
    text = "shinyjs.reset_aLittleLoopy = function() {whatever}",
    functions = c("reset_aLittleLoopy")
  )

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.