Can't generate PDF with RStudio 1.4 and tinytex

We've recently upgraded to R 4.0.3 and RStudio 1.4.1103.

We frequently use shiny apps to compile data and comments into reports that we generate into PDFs out of the shiny apps. The issue I've started having is that I can no longer generate the PDFs when I launch the app out of RStudio 1.4.

If I launch the applications from RStudio 1.0.143 (what we had been using until recently), the PDFs generate just fine.

If I launch the applications from a .bat file, the PDFs generate without issue.

It is only when I launch the applications from RStudio 1.4 that I can't produce the PDFs.

For what it's worth, I can't generate the PDFs using the "Knit" in 1.4 either (although I can get it to work in RStudio 1.0).

Any thoughts on what I can do to get the PDFs to work from RStudio 1.4?

Some other details that may or may not be relevant

Our non-statistical staff start our apps using, effectively, a .bat file that is executed out of our database front end. That .bat executes an R script to start the app, and that script includes the following:

Sys.setenv(PATH = "D:\\ShinyApps\\tinytex\\bin\\win32")

This seems to properly set the path to TinyTeX for the applications except when I try to launch the application from RStudio 1.4

system(paste0("D:\\ShinyApps\\R-Portable\\4.0\\App\\R-Portable\\bin\\Rscript.exe ",
              "D:\\ShinyApps\\launchApplication.R ",
              "development_branch ",
              "application_name ",
              " data_server"))

I'm sure that isn't sufficiently clear, but I'm not really sure what is relevant and what isn't here.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.