Can't load SDSFoundations package in R 4.0.3 for MAC

I installed R on my mac (Version 4.0.3) and after this, I downloaded the SDSFoundations package to the desktop (.tar file).

I installed the package with the following command: install.packages("~/Desktop/SDSFoundations_1.1_R_x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0.tar", repos = NULL, type = 'source') [I added the 'type = 'source' because I was getting an error that repos = NULL could not be used with type = 'binary'] The package installed successfully.

PROBLEM: when I tried to load the package with library(SDSFoundations) I am getting the error: package or namespace load failed for ‘SDSFoundations’: package ‘SDSFoundations’ was installed before R 4.0.0: please re-install it

.libPaths() points to /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library

find.package("SDSFoundations") gives me /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/SDSFoundations

I do not understand what I am doing wrong. R 4.0.3 is the first R version I have ever installed on this system and right after this, I installed the SDSFoundations package. I do not understand why I am not able to load the package. Please help!

The binary you are installing is not compiled for the R version you are using, try to find a binary compiled for R >= 4.0.0, if not available, look for the package source and try to compile it yourself or you could downgrade your R version to match the binary.

Also, this has been cross posted on Github

Please be aware of our cross posting policy

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.