Can't open RStudio Desktop

Hello, long time RStudio user really hoping for some quick help...

I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

I tried installing some packages to do a multinomial probit regression (mlogit and MNP) and ran into the same errors: "Package which is only available in source form, and may need compilation of C/C++/Fortran: ‘statmod’".

After a bit of troubleshooting with no success, I decided to uninstall and reinstall all my packages, which caused more errors and then a repeating dialogue box asking if I wanted to re-start RStudio, which would never go away.

Then I decided to reinstall the latest version of RStudio. When I open it now, I get "This site can't be reached". I also tried an older version of RStudio, and I just get a white screen.

I am not sure if I messed something up with the packages I was installing, or if this is some other issue.

Thanks for any help!

For this part of your issue, try reseting RStudio's state

About your problem installing packages, it seems like there is a problem with CRAN repositories for macOS and not all of them have binary installers available at the moment forcing you to install from source which is a nightmare on macOS. The walk-around solution is to use a different CRAN repository.

Thanks for the response. I followed the commands on that link (for mac) and got the same issue when I open RStudio. Do I need to reinstall it or something?

I was able to completely uninstall and reinstall R and RStudio Desktop, which worked. I had to set all my preferences and reinstall all my packages, but that is ok. DO NOT USE THIS SOLUTION IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR SETTINGS AND PACKAGES.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.