Can't open RStudio with a yellow triangle

47%20AM

Error Information:

Description of issue - when I try to open the Rstudio, it came out a yellow triangle with RStudio logo

Attempted steps taken to fix - redownload

System Information:

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

When I open Rstudio on my laptop, it pops out a yellow triangle with R sign and says nothing. I really don't know why I can not open it.

Hi there - welcome to community.rstudio.com!

Just to troubleshoot, can you confirm that you have both R and RStudio installed, and that you're attempting to launch RStudio by using the icon that looks like the one on the right in the picture below?:

If the answer to both of the above is "yes", can you please share a screenshot and let us know what your system details are (operating system and version)?

1 Like

21%20PM
this is what it looks like when I open the RStudio. The R version is 3.5.1 and I use Mac version for RStudio.
Thanks for reply.

Hi Wendy, for RStudio start-up issues that you haven't been able to diagnose, a diagnostic report can be really helpful (you can run a report even if RStudio doesn't start).
If you haven't resolved this yet, would you mind printing the output from the report in a reply below?

I have a similar problem to the above. RStudio does not start all of a sudden. Below is my diagnostics report;

/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/RStudio --run-diagnostics
27 Feb 2019 12:40:14 [rdesktop] ERROR system error 100 (Protocol error) [description=Unable to parse version from R, version-info=, r-error=dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/readline/lib/libreadline.7.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.1/lib/libR.dylib
  Reason: image not found
]; OCCURRED AT: rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::r_util::rVersion(const rstudio::core::FilePath &, const rstudio::core::FilePath &, const std::string &, std::string *) /Users/rstudio/rstudio/src/cpp/core/r_util/REnvironmentPosix.cpp:784; LOGGED FROM: bool rstudio::core::r_util::detectREnvironment(const rstudio::core::FilePath &, const rstudio::core::FilePath &, const std::string &, std::string *, std::string *, EnvironmentVars *, std::string *) /Users/rstudio/rstudio/src/cpp/core/r_util/REnvironmentPosix.cpp:678

Using R script: /usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.1/bin/R

Attempting to launch R session...
  R_HOME=/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.1/lib/R
  R_DOC_DIR=/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.1/lib/R/doc
  R_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.1/lib/R/include
  R_SHARE_DIR=/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.5.1/lib/R/share
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/kwesi/ferret/pyferret-7.4-MacOSX-Python-2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pyferret
  PATH=/usr/local/opt/coreutils/libexec/gnubin:/Users/kwesi/ferret/pyferret-7.4-MacOSX-Python-2.7/bin:/Users/kwesi/bin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/kwesi/anaconda2/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Users/kwesi/ferret/ferret-7.4.2-MacOSX/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin
  HOME=/Users/kwesi
27 Feb 2019 12:40:24 [rdesktop] ERROR system error 60 (Operation timed out); OCCURRED AT: rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::waitWithTimeout(const boost::function<WaitResult ()> &, int, int, int) /Users/rstudio/rstudio/src/cpp/core/WaitUtils.cpp:63; LOGGED FROM: -[AppDelegate applicationDidFinishLaunching:] /Users/rstudio/rstudio/src/cpp/desktop-mac/AppDelegate.mm:365

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

I have been able to fix this!

Thanks everyone.
Cheers