Changed R Library PATH and now R wont work

I updated R to the latest version (4.1.0) and now I am getting a few different errors that I have no idea to fix, even after searching online.

The Rtools was then not working as it said it did not run on the latest version of R.

I get the following error:

WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

In my heist to try and fix it I think i have changed my path location, and now nothing works. I get the following error when i try and install and load packages:

LoadLibrary failure:  The network path was not found.

I also get this when i check:

.libPaths()
[1] C:/Users/USER/Documents/R/win-library/4.1
[2] C:/Program Files/R/R-4.1.0/library

Running

Sys.which(stats.dll)
stats.dll
Sys.which(`make`) make

When i go into tools and check the install packages location, it has now set to my personal library ([1] C:/Users/USER/Documents/R/win-library/4.1[default]) and no option for the [2] C:/Program Files/R/R-4.1.0/library` shows up, and hence why i cant find any packages (at least i think thats the issue).

How do i go about changing the PATH location to get access to the packages again? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the error still remains. I cannot install any packages or call on any packs in the library and hence cannot do any work.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.