Compiler and library support problem in Rstudio when installing package

I am trying to install GGIR package in RStudio 2021.09.0+351. I get the following error message:

In file included from C:/RBuildTools/3.5/mingw_32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/c++/cfenv:35:0,
                 from resample.cpp:3:
C:/RBuildTools/3.5/mingw_32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/c++/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
 #error This file requires compiler and library support for the \
  ^
make: *** [C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.0/etc/i386/Makeconf:215: resample.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'GGIR'
* removing 'C:/Users/arkia/OneDrive/Asiakirjat/R/win-library/3.6/GGIR'
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘GGIR’ had non-zero exit status

I have done extensive searching and I understand that I should make edits to a Makevars file. The problems is that I do not know where this file should be or where I should add it and with what contents. If I search 'Makevars' file in my computer I see 2 files located in the RcppEigen and RcppArmadillo folders.

Many sites say that Makevars should be located at ~/.R/Makevars . Again I do not know where that should be. Thanks!

Install from binary, not source. On Windows and macOS, it is almost never necessary to do compiling. On many Linux systems, including Ubuntu, compiling is usually trouble free. Users who are not themselves already developers of programs needing compiling for other purposes probably have better uses of time than coming up to speed on the necessary skills.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.