Console with results not showing up in primer Programming Basics after running code

After running code in the Programming Basics primer, the console with results is not showing up. I'm using Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.162 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Hi, and welcome!

Please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers.

It's natural to unconsciously assume that everyone knows the assumptions behind a question. Although the Programming Basics primer may be foremost in the mind of the questioner, many potential answerers have no idea what is being referred to.

The key to answers is questions.

Well, @technocrat I'm not actually asking a question. I'm providing feedback, so in an ideal world, I'm looking for the software developers to fix an error, not necessarily looking for an answer.

But I suppose I can provide more details to help developers reproduce the error:

Go to RStudio Cloud side toolbar --> Primers --> The Basics --> Programming Basics --> Click on any module and hit blue Run Code button --> the console does not pop up

Occasionally when trying to open a module in Programming Basics, I get a popup that says Disconnected from the server (see attached screenshot).

Pressing reload or refreshing does not seem to fix the issue. Generally have to close browser and come back in again. About half the time I get the same popup again, about half the time it lets me back in, but still have same issue with console not showing after pressing Run Code button.

I am able to successfully run code and see console in other primers, so think this issue is specific to the Programming Basics primer.

Also, think this issue may be related to this previous post: Rstudio.cloud primers are hanging

2 Likes

I am getting the same error in this primer. It seems to only be present in the programming basics module, but visualization basics module runs fine.

Hi @Juliana_S and @byron. Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry my response is so late.

We just deployed a fix yesterday that we hope will help make the Programming Basics primer more reliable. We're actively working now on some features that should completely shore things up, but with the improvements we made yesterday we expect that things should be much more usable for you.

Regarding the issue with console output not appearing, I'll admit that we don't have any leads on that issue yet. If you continue seeing it, please do reply here so we can look into it.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.