Console with results not showing up in primer Programming Basics after running code

Well, @technocrat I'm not actually asking a question. I'm providing feedback, so in an ideal world, I'm looking for the software developers to fix an error, not necessarily looking for an answer.

But I suppose I can provide more details to help developers reproduce the error:

Go to RStudio Cloud side toolbar --> Primers --> The Basics --> Programming Basics --> Click on any module and hit blue Run Code button --> the console does not pop up

Occasionally when trying to open a module in Programming Basics, I get a popup that says Disconnected from the server (see attached screenshot).

Pressing reload or refreshing does not seem to fix the issue. Generally have to close browser and come back in again. About half the time I get the same popup again, about half the time it lets me back in, but still have same issue with console not showing after pressing Run Code button.

I am able to successfully run code and see console in other primers, so think this issue is specific to the Programming Basics primer.

Also, think this issue may be related to this previous post: Rstudio.cloud primers are hanging

2 Likes