Couldn't normalize path in 'addResourcePath' for crosstalk, htmlwidgets, jquery

I've seen some old posts regarding this issue that never seemed to be resolved. I have several charts that fail to appear after publishing to shinyapps.io from rstudio.cloud, most of which are generated using crosstalk (shareddata, filter_checkbox) which relies on htmlwidgets. The posts I've seen regarding htmlwidgets leads me to think this was a bug in the package but it is not clear what the source or solution is. Does anyone have any insight on this?

The errors I see in the logs are similar to:

Warning: Error in value[[3L]]: Couldn't normalize path in `addResourcePath`, with arguments: `prefix` = 'jquery-3.5.1'; `directoryPath` = '/cloud/lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.1/crosstalk/lib/jquery'

I am new to shiny and cloud services (as well as htmlwidgets), but I've tried using renv::activate thinking it would localize the libraries so that they get ported over to shinyapps.io along with the project but this did not fix the issue. I'm at a loss for how to continue troubleshooting besides ditching htmlwidgets altogether, though I don't currently know of another way to build these types of charts. Perhaps someone can confirm that it is not an inherent issue with the package or the bug was fixed? At that point I will construct a minimal example to troubleshoot the particular charts. Thanks!