Debugging If statement Rstudio shiny

I am trying to run debug mode for an if statement in Rstudio for a shiny app. First of all, I realised that setting the breakpoints did not work for the debug mode in the if statement , so i had to use the browser() function, which only worked before the if statement, but not in the if statement. I then clicked on "execute next line" which highlighted the whole of the if statement. clicking on "execute next line" runs the whole if statement without stopping at the breakpoints or the browser() function within the if statement. I therefore decided to use "step in" in the if statement. This highlights the if statement. Clicking the "execute next line" , runs the whole if statement, without stopping at the breakpoints or the browser() function. So, I continue to use the "step in" However, this process could not print the variables in the if statement, but only repeats "s", which i guess represents the "step in" in the compiler. I decide to try the "execute next line", and i realise it only prints "n", which i guess represents the "execute next line" in the compiler. I have attached a picture of what i experienced. Please, does anyone have a solution to this?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.