Delete branch in RStudio pop-up

After merging a branch I'm able to delete the branch on remote. But they are still listed in the pop-up in RStudio. How can I delete them?

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 1.1.383
  • OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
  • R Version: 3.5.1

Referred here from support.rstudio.com

3 Likes

Have you already fetch the change from remote repository to local repository ?

git fetch should update but git fetch -p could be used to prune remote-tracking branches no longer on remote

Then you may need to deleted local merged branch by hand with git branch -d <branch>.

git branch --merged will show you the merged branch you can delete

This is how I deal with this.

6 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Your solution worked for me. However, I was expecting an easy solution using buttons to do that (like for commits, pull and push). In my company many people like to work with RStudio but they are not familiar with terminal commands... That's why I was asking.

1 Like

Yeah I know. Personnaly, I also use another GUI tool specific to GIT called GitExtension (I am on Windows). It is very complete and you can do everything you can do with git with click-button. I advice every newcomer to git to use it in my company until they are at ease with git.

I don't know what's new about Git integration in future version of Rstudio. Maybe someone from RStudio team will chime in to give us some infos ! :wink:

4 Likes

Very helpful, thanks. That was the missing piece after deleting the merged branch locally and remotely.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.