Deleted blog post still showing up on blogdown website (in index.html)

blogdown

I deleted a blog post on my website that was entitled: "How to do multi-level (or mixed effects) modeling using R (and the lme4 R package)"

Here is the website: https://jrosen48.github.io/

My understanding is that all of the posts in this blog directory are rendered into posts on the site.

I've restarted R Studio, used blogdown::serve_site() (and blogdown::build_site()) multiple times, but to no avail. How can I delete this post?

Have you cleared the cache and manually deleted any html rendered?

From looking through your GitHub repo, it also seems like the posts are in a few different places:

_site/public/blog
public/blog
_site/content/blog
content/blog

The site architecture varies pretty widely from theme to theme, so that would also be helpful info/a possible guide to look to.

Ugh, thanks. It looks like three out of the four were either templates or otherwise not used - content/blog is the only one that is: I deleted the other three and re-built the site and it loads correctly. But, that darned, extra post, which isn't in that one directory that I kept, still renders. I did look for any rendered HTML files (in that directory - and with the words contained in the title of the post, in case they were hiding anywhere else), but the darned file persists. How can I clear my cache?

Well, it's a little hacky, but I found it in the index.html file, and deleted it there - as well as the directory in the directory with the rendered files that remained there - and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for suggesting I simplify things by finding which directories contained posts: That helped me to try to understand the structure of the site a bit better and got me heading in the right direction. Thanks again!

Sure thing. Glad you got it sorted!

If your question's been answered (even if by you, as in this case), would you mind choosing a solution? (See FAQ below for how).

Having questions checked as resolved makes it a bit easier to navigate the site visually and see which threads still need help.

Thanks