Deploying to shinyapps.io, I get a TinyTex error

I am trying to Publish two of my apps, which both run fine in the R Studio IDE, but the deployments errors out with the following:

Preparing to deploy application...DONE
Uploading bundle for application: 933260...DONE
Deploying bundle: 2714451 for application: 933260 ...
Waiting for task: 681393688
  building: Parsing manifest
  building: Building image: 2964371
  building: Installing system dependencies
  building: Fetching packages
  error: Building package: tinytex
################################ Begin Task Log ################################ 
[2020-01-08T14:33:44.567993698+0000] Execute script: packages/build/sys.sh
+ set -e
+ apt-get update -qq
+ apt-get install -y libapparmor-dev
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libapparmor-dev
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 114 not upgraded.
Need to get 67.8 kB of archives.
After this operation, 229 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64 libapparmor-dev amd64 2.10.95-0ubuntu2.11 [67.8 kB]
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Fetched 67.8 kB in 0s (6298 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libapparmor-dev:amd64.
(Reading database ... 119718 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libapparmor-dev_2.10.95-0ubuntu2.11_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libapparmor-dev:amd64 (2.10.95-0ubuntu2.11) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) ...
Setting up libapparmor-dev:amd64 (2.10.95-0ubuntu2.11) ...
################################# End Task Log ################################# 
Error: Unhandled Exception: Child Task 681393690 failed: Error building image: Error fetching tinytex (0.18.1) source. Error accessing GitHub repository yihui/tinytex. Unauthorized
Execution halted

Between the two apps I'm getting this error on, the packages I'm calling that are common between them are: tidyverse, shinydashboard, shiny, lubridate, scales, and zoo.

All of my packages are up to date as of today. I have published these apps from this laptop before with no problems. I published them just yesterday from my work computer.

I tried restarting the session and I still get the same error on both apps. Each app is in its own Project.

Thanks for any help!

This likely means that you have enabled access to private GitHub repositories, but the connection is no longer working. Disable it, and re-enable it and see if that helps.

3 Likes

This worked. Thank you!

The steps I took are logging into shinyapps.io, Account, Profile, then unchecked the GitHub Authentication box, then checked it again.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.