Development version of dplyr failing to compile

I am having the same problem referenced here when I try to install the current dev version from GitHub.

-I"/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/Rcpp/include" -I/usr/local/include   -fpic  -g -O2  -c mutate.cpp -o mutate.o
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make: *** [mutate.o] Error 4
/opt/R/3.5.0/lib/R/etc/Makeconf:168: recipe for target 'mutate.o' failed
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘dplyr’
* removing ‘/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/dplyr’
* restoring previous ‘/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/dplyr’
Installation failed: Command failed (1)

@stevenolen you were able to solve the previous problem, would a similar solution help here?

Hi @jdb !

While these issues appear similar at their onset, they are actually a bit different. Both package installs are failing due to the compilation process running out of memory (this is a known limitation as our current rstudio.cloud environments have a small, fixed amount of memory). Unfortunately, readr was solved by refreshing our package cache, which is not a potential solution for packages being compiled from github at this time. It is likely that you'll need to wait until the change you are looking for in dplyr has made its way to CRAN.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.