Display error with non-English IME (e.g. Chinese)

When typing non-English (e.g. Chinese) characters with IME (Input Method Editor), characters are not displayed properly (see attached images) with RStudio 1.2.1194. It works fine with RStudio 1.1.463.

In console (characters are "ceshizhongwen", but only got the last 3 characters "wen"), In editor (characters are "ceshizhongwen", but only got the first characters "c"):

Can you also share your system information (which OS?) and what IME you're using?

Thanks for your reply. Below is the sessionInfo():

R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS  10.14.2

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
 [1] compiler_3.5.1  bookdown_0.8    htmltools_0.3.6 tools_3.5.1     yaml_2.2.0      Rcpp_1.0.0      rmarkdown_1.11  blogdown_0.9   
 [9] knitr_1.21      xfun_0.4        digest_0.6.18   packrat_0.5.0   evaluate_0.12 

I am using a third party Chinese IME, but I also tried the default system Chinese IME (Pinyin - Simplified), it has the same issue.

Just to double-check, are the appropriate Chinese characters inserted after pressing the spacebar? Even though the English characters aren't displayed as expected at first?

After pressing the space button, I got correct Chinese words in both console and editor. This issue bothers me especially when I type the wrong Pinyin of Chinese, and I need delete the wrong characters. But if I press the delete button too fast, without the appropriate display, I have no idea how many characters left.

Got it -- I agree that is frustrating. Would you mind filing this as a bug report at https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues?

Done. https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/4079

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.