Display more than one url links in shiny interface

...I have a dataframe consist of 100 samples. There are two column, one url link, second a name or a heading to the url link. I want to display all those headings in shiny interface. Clicking which leads the user to the respective link page. How can I do that? Please helpstrong text

If your dataframe is called df and columns called url and heading this should work...

library(shiny)
library(DT)

df$link <- paste0("<a href='", df$url, "' target='_blank'>", df$heading, "</a>")

ui <- fluidPage(
  DT::dataTableOutput("table")
)

server <- function(input, output) {

output$table <- DT::renderDataTable({
    DT::datatable(df[, "link", drop = FALSE], escape = FALSE)
  })

}

shinyApp(ui, server)
1 Like

Hey paul I exactly used the same code.

But its throwing a error 'data' must be 2-dimensional (e.g. data frame or matrix)

sorry yes the df[, "link"] subset was converting the data frame to a character vector as there was only 1 column left. Adding drop = FALSE inside the square brackets will ensure it keeps the data frame class. I've updated the code above to include this.

thanks,
Paul

2 Likes

Thanxxx a lot Paul Its working fine now

Hey Paul I have a date column too within that data. And I want to filter out the samples through selected date range. I am getting an error

Error in UseMethod: no applicable method for 'filter_' applied to an object of class "c('datatables', 'htmlwidget')"

Below is the code

ui <- fluidPage( dateRangeInput('dateRange',
                                label = 'Filter news by date',
                                start = as.Date('2001-01-01') , end = as.Date('2018-06-01')),
  DT::dataTableOutput("table")
   )

server <- function(input, output) {

DT::datatable(df[, c("link", "Date"), drop = FALSE], escape = FALSE) %>%
     dplyr::filter(df$Date >= input$dateRange[1] & df$Date <= input$dateRange[2])
  })

}

Hi Abhishek, sorry for the late response! I've been on holiday.

So you need to filter the data inside the renderDataTable function before providing it to the table itself.

Something like this:

table_data <- df %>% 
      filter(Date >= input$dateRange[1] & Date <= input$dateRange[2]) %>%
      select(link, Date)

DT::datatable(table_data, escape = FALSE)
  })
4 Likes

Thanks a lot again paul. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: sorry for the late reply