On data for a
It's probably time to coalesce notes in
- Prepping and importing time series data (for noobs) and
Best Practices: how to prepare your own data for use in a
reprexif you can’t, or don’t know how to reproduce a problem with a built-in dataset?
into a single, easy to digest wiki-faq.
- Common issue: don't load data from your local file system - maybe even better, "don't load data at all", because some people don't feel comfortable downloading data from a URL (personally I'm fine with downloading
csvfiles or accessing remote databases through the API of well-known CRAN packages such as
eurostat, but it's not BP for reprexes and anyway YMMV)
Perhaps good content would be:
- A short video (<4min) of best practices on this.
- A list, very organized set of copy-paste examples of options (the value of
str, how to use
read.csvwith file and with text,
datapasta::tribble_paste, file-system linking to a CSV file or other file.).
- A longer video walking through these examples, geared toward those new to coding.