Earlier versions of R

Is there a way to load different versions of R, in windows.

Yes, on Windows each R version gets installed independently. Can you please clarify what is your specific problem with this?

I use a combination of RStudio and Rattle to help friends learn R. Rattle uses a RGTK2 package, which Cran no longer supports and comes up with a UTC or something like that error.

We have found that by using R4.1 and Rstudio 22.02 we can get Rattle to work, etc.

It would be nice to use a more later version of RStudio with the earlier version of R. But some times I need an earlier version of R and other times a Later version of R.

Hence, my question about getting RStudio to pick which version of R i want to use.

Well, you haven't mentioned RStudio in your original question.

The open source version of the IDE doesn't support quick change among R versions but you can choose the R version on startup by holding the Ctrl key while opening RStudio, then you should see this menu and you can choose the desired R version.

Another option is to use rig

thank you for this information. It has been very helpful.

Regards
Tony

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.