Email configuration for errors

Is there any way to change the email setup for Connect so it doesn't email Admins.

We'd prefer to setup a specific monitoring email address for all errors - any way to get this setup?

I've read /docs/admin/email/ but don't see any options there.

Any options available?

Hey @slodge! I don't believe we currently have this as a setting :frowning:

You could always set that monitoring email address as an administrator / as the email for an existing administrator?

If I am understanding correctly, administrators and users want to receive emails for content, so you have SMTP configured, but you want the particularly administrative emails to be sent elsewhere (i.e. to a dedicated email address). Is there another channel that that information would be useful on? I.e. in logging / structured logging?

I want to be sure I relay this feature request properly to the team :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks!

If I am understanding correctly, administrators and users want to receive emails for content, so you have SMTP configured, but you want the particularly administrative emails to be sent elsewhere (i.e. to a dedicated email address).

Yes - sounds like you've understood this.

In our case, we don't actually want the email for content either (we have existing systems for scheduling and sending)... but I understand we're unusual in that use case.

Is there another channel that that information would be useful on? I.e. in logging / structured logging?

Yes - logging also useful. Think I've already commented/requested in other places, that we'd love to see the logging structures changed to make them more Splunk parsable :slight_smile:

In that case, it sounds like EmailProvider = None may be what you want! Have you used that already? It prints the administrative messages to log rather than emailing.

Yes! I remembered this and is part of why I asked :wink: That is actually on our short list of things we aim to improve in the next few months, so hopefully we will have some nice features coming your way there! This is a great example with respect to the keys associated with logs, though, so I will make a note to be sure we test this use case!

Have you seen this post about a log forwarder? I thought you might be interested in this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Unfortunately, I have been behind on everything and not able to try this out yet :see_no_evil: