Empieical quantile

Could you help me how to write the empirical quantile program ! Please
FB_IMG_1574588556034|243x499

What have you tried so far? what is your specific problem?, we are more inclined towards helping you with specific coding problems rather than doing your work for you.

Could you please turn this into a self-contained REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading this FAQ:

1 Like

I second @andresrcs, about more specific questions. I can make a general observation.

Ne réinvente pas la roue

There's stats::quantiles already

quantile returns estimates of underlying distribution quantiles based on one or two order statistics from the supplied elements in x at probabilities in probs. One of the nine quantile algorithms discussed in Hyndman and Fan (1996), selected by type, is employed.

All sample quantiles are defined as weighted averages of consecutive order statistics. Sample quantiles of type i are defined by:

Qi = (1 - γ) x[j] + γ x[j+1],

where 1 ≤ i ≤ 9, (j-m)/n ≤ p < (j-m+1)/n, x[j] is the jth order statistic, n is the sample size, the value of γ is a function of j = floor(np + m) and g = np + m - j, and m is a constant determined by the sample quantile type.

Sounds like you want Type 4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.