Error code while loading tidyverse with the library(tidyverse) function.

Hello Everyone, so i'm a newbie to Rstudio and after installing the tidyverse packages when i tried to load the package with the library(tidyverse) function i always get the error code below.. would be grateful if someone could help. really excited to dive into using RStudio to gain more knowledge and insight. thanks in advance.

library('tidyverse')
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘stringi’

It seems you are missing the package stringi, which at least one of the tidyverse packages depends on. You could install that package with

install.packages("stringi")

However, if you did not choose to install all of the dependencies when you installed tidyverse, you will run into a long series of these errors. The default setting of install.packages is to install the dependencies. Just to be sure, you could run

install.packages(tidyverse, dependencies = TRUE)

and see what happens.

I was able to do that by using the install.packages (“stringi”, type = “win.binary”) function. Thank you .

Secondly I have notice that after downloading the Coursera Capstone Case study csv files I had to unzip them which changed the file names starting with numbers, this made it difficult for me to import them from the directory that it was in. My question is how do I go about it without having to unzip these files with the file name changing so it’s possible and easier to import into RStudio. Thanks

This is a very different question, we like to keep things tidy around here so just one reasonably well defined question per topic and closely related follow ups. Can you please ask this on a new topic providing a relevant REPRoducible EXample (reprex) for your new issue?

Ok so basically what I’m saying is I’m finding it a bit difficult importing csv files of capstone case study on cyclistic bike rides from the directory folder that I created in Documents folder on my PC into RStudio.

Your new question is not related to the topic "Error code while loading tidyverse...". Rewording the question did not change that. Please start a new topic, such as "Unzipping changes file names starting with numbers". You will be more likely to find someone that can help with that specific problem.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.