ERROR: dependency ‘rlang’ is not available for package ‘dbplyr’ - R 3.4.3

hi I get the following error could you help me please
ERROR: dependency 'rlang' is not available for package 'dbplyr'

• removing 'C:/Users/dimarcantonio/Documents/R/win-library/3.2/dbplyr'
    Warning in install.packages :
    running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-32~1.2/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Users\dimarcantonio\Documents\R\win-library\3.2" C:\Users\DIMARC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp80leMU/downloaded_packages/dbplyr_1.1.0.tar.gz' had status 1
    installation of package ‘dbplyr’ had non-zero exit status
    ERROR: dependency 'rlang' is not available for package 'hms'
  • removing 'C:/Users/dimarcantonio/Documents/R/win-library/3.2/hms'
    running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-32~1.2/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Users\dimarcantonio\Documents\R\win-library\3.2" C:\Users\DIMARC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp80leMU/downloaded_packages/hms_0.4.0.tar.gz' had status 1
    installation of package ‘hms’ had non-zero exit status
    ERROR: dependencies 'dbplyr', 'hms', 'rlang' are not available for package 'tidyverse'
  • removing 'C:/Users/dimarcantonio/Documents/R/win-library/3.2/tidyverse'
    running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-32~1.2/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Users\dimarcantonio\Documents\R\win-library\3.2" C:\Users\DIMARC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp80leMU/downloaded_packages/tidyverse_1.2.1.tar.gz' had status 1
    installation of package ‘tidyverse’ had non-zero exit status

What happens if you use install.packages("rlang")? That shouldn't be necessary, but the error message could narrow down the possibilities.

1 Like

i get this strange msg

install.packages("rlang")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/dimarcantonio/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Package which is only available in source form, and
may need compilation of C/C++/Fortran: ‘rlang’
These will not be installed

Ah, I get it now. You are using an older version of R that does not get updated package binaries for Windows. Ideally, you would update your R installation to the latest version (3.4.3). Otherwise, you will need to set up Rtools in order to install from source.