Error deploy Shiny - dependencies in this file will not be discovered

I would like to know if you know the reasons for this error below after I deploy the app:

Preparing to deploy application...DONE
Uploading bundle for application: 5828536...DONE
Deploying bundle: 5669021 for application: 5828536 ...
Waiting for task: 1115072079
  building: Parsing manifest
  building: Fetching packages
  building: Installing packages
  building: Installing files
  building: Pushing image: 6598778
  deploying: Starting instances
  rollforward: Activating new instances
  unstaging: Stopping old instances
Application successfully deployed to https://josesouza.shinyapps.io/teste123/
Deployment completed: https://josesouza.shinyapps.io/teste123/

Warning message:
In fileDependencies.R(file) :
  Failed to parse C:/Users/Jojo Souza/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmp4us8Yc/file8a98431dd4c/app.R ; dependencies in this file will not be discovered.

I already checked if it was missing library, it is OK, and also insert it in UTF-8, but it didn't solve the error. The app in RStudio works.

Do you have any suggestions of what I can try to do, other than the ones I've already done?

This is happening lately, shinyapps.io fails to replicate the user's locale and it can't parse non-ASCII characters in the file, If possible remove non-ASCII characters.

1 Like

@andresrcs,

It was a problem with an accent, I had put Biogás on, then I switched to Biogas, and it solved. I didn't know it was that sensitive. Do you know why this happens? I managed to deploy, but the following message appears now:

Warning message:
In readRDS(dest) : lzma decoding result 10

However, it still deploys normally.

Locales other than en_US are not available on the container for your app, on the past shinyapps.io replicated whatever locale you had set on your local system but lately that is not the case, I don't know the technical reason for that and I haven't seen an official explanation from RStudio so far.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.