Yesterday I started using a new data set and trying to dummy code some of my variables. I got an error message:
Error in (function(x, i, exact) if (is.matrix(i)) as.matrix(x)[[i]] else .subset2(x, :
object ' ' not found
I've tried following the Browse  with c, with 0, expanding the memory limit, and anything else I can google. I continue to get the same error message for this file as well as any of my older files that used to work.
I am somewhat beginner/intermediate on R
Also I would post the original code that first brought this on, but I changed it so many times in trying to fix it that I no longer have it. The first time, it was essentially something like this...
df2$age_0_18 <- ifelse(df2$EXAGE <=18, 1, 0)
df2$age_19_35 <- ifelse(df2$EXAGE >=19 & df2$EXAGE <=35, 1, 0)
df2$age_36_55 <- ifelse(df2$EXAGE >=36 & df2$EXAGE <=55, 1, 0)
df2$age_56_75 <- ifelse(df2$EXAGE >=56 & df2$EXAGE <=75, 1, 0)
df2$age_76_and_over <- ifelse(df2$EXAGE >=76, 1, 0)
Even this has worked for me before. It seems as though something is wrong at a basic level with my R Studio, but I don't know how to fix it.