Some of my students are running into errors with
ggsave() that I haven’t come across before. I did find a single post on here from a couple of months ago but it is not exactly similar to what is being reported to me and, in any event, there was not a resolution posted.
.Rmd notebooks and in the console, I’ve had two reports of this error:
> ggsave("Results/histogram.png") Error in grDevices::png(..., res = dpi, units = "in") : unable to start png() device`
In one case the student was using RStudio version 1.1.414 and in the other case they were using 1.1.419. In both cases they have Kite-Eating Tree installed and have the CRAN version of
ggplot2 installed as well. They student running the slightly older version of RStudio reported that the error stopped cropping up after they updated RStudio.
If anyone has ideas about how to troubleshoot this I’d love to know! I don’t have a reprex from either student (we’re going over it next week in class…wishing we had got to it this past week). Thanks for your help!