Error in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called ‘tidyverse’

Hi, i have installed the (tidyverse) and even reinstalled again after the first error and still the same. please see the screenshot below after i tried to call the library;

Kindly assist.
Thank you in advance.

Hello,
press "ctrl+shift and f10" together then after try this--

install.packages("tidyverse", type="source")

library(tidyverse)

The installation of tidyverse is failing but the cause is not been shown in your screenshot (that is one of the reasons screenshots are considered a bad practice here).

Please post the complete console output you get when you try to install it, but post it as formatted code, here is how to do it

Hello SPratap,
Thank you for your response and assistance.

The initial error in the screenshot occurred when I was trying to install tidyverse on my desktop version of RStudio on my computer.

Then, I logged on to the posit.cloud and I was able to install in successfully and also able to call the library without any error. see the screenshot

Therefore, my question now is that can I conclude that tidyverse does not work on desktop version of RStudio or not?

Thank you in advance.

Hello andresrcs,

Thank you and I appreciate your comment.

The initial error in the screenshot occurred when I was trying to install tidyverse on my desktop version of RStudio on my computer.

Then, I logged on to the posit.cloud and I was able to install in successfully and also able to call the library without any error. see the screenshot

Therefore, my question now is that can I conclude that tidyverse does not work on desktop version of RStudio or not?

It works on that :slight_smile:

From your screenshot, I feel that you are installing packages in another directory and calling them from another directory. I think install packages in default R directory then try to call them.

That is definitely not the problem, RStudio is just an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for the R programming language, It doesn't have a direct effect on your R package library.

As I said, there is not enough information in the screenshot you have posted to diagnose the problem but since you are using a very old R version in your desktop installation, that might be causing the problem. To help us help help you, please post the complete console output you get when you try to install the package.

Thank you so much andresrcs.
The problem has been resolved.
I did not notice that my R desktop version was old. I updated it to R version 4.2.2 and thereafter installed the tidyverse again and it was all successful without any error.

I appreciate your assistance. Thanks a lot.

I appreciate your assistance. Thanks a lot SPratap.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.