Error in upload file rstudio cloud

Hello, I am trying to upload files of different size and format but it is not possible. For example try uploading a 1 kb .txt file, in chrome, mozila and microsoft edge. I created a new project and it didn't work either. What I can do?

error

This is the error that I get

Try terminating the session, clear cache memory and restart R. You can upload .txt file, there shouldn't be any problem in it.

If problem create different workspace, and try uploading. It should upload in the new workspace, if you are facing this issue in the current on.

Clean work environment and history. Restart session. I created a new project but couldn't load any files either. Since I have the free plan I can only have one workspace. It didn't work for me.

Hello,

Sorry you are encountering issues uploading files to rstudio.cloud.

There are some existing bugs around file uploading. If you could send me the contents of the file through a private message I could see if you are encountering one of them.

Thank you for your help,

Sean

Basically I am trying to upload a file with the iris header and it doesn't work.

Sepal.Length Sepal.Width Petal.Length Petal.Width Species
1          5.1         3.5          1.4         0.2  setosa
2          4.9         3.0          1.4         0.2  setosa
3          4.7         3.2          1.3         0.2  setosa
4          4.6         3.1          1.5         0.2  setosa
5          5.0         3.6          1.4         0.2  setosa
6          5.4         3.9          1.7         0.4  setosa
fwrite(head(iris), "head_iris.txt")

Can someone give me support, to solve this problem.

Hi @Rafael_Eduardo_Diaz,

Could you provide some more information? Are you have problems uploading a file or a problem using fwrite? If you are having problems uploading a file, as @seans mentioned before, could you send me the contents of that file in a private message so I could test it from my side?

Thanks in advance

-Josh

Hi @jforest the problem is when I try to upload any file, .png, .jpg, .txt, .xlsx, .RDS, .RDATA, ... regardless of size. I have also created a public project in case you want to test.

I'm unable to recreate your issue, on that project too.

What OS are you using? what browser? What versions?

-Josh

@Rafael_Eduardo_Diaz could you also provide the output of sessionInfo()

Thanks!

-Josh

sessionInfo()
R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

Matrix products: default
BLAS:   /usr/lib/atlas-base/atlas/libblas.so.3.0
LAPACK: /usr/lib/atlas-base/atlas/liblapack.so.3.0

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C           LC_TIME=C.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=C.UTF-8     LC_MONETARY=C.UTF-8   
 [6] LC_MESSAGES=C.UTF-8    LC_PAPER=C.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C              LC_ADDRESS=C           LC_TELEPHONE=C        
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=C.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C   

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.0.2 tools_4.0.2

Hi @Rafael_Eduardo_Diaz

Can you open up the Javascript console, and the network tab in the developer tools on your browser and try uploading? Please screenshot and send any errors you see!

Thanks,

-Josh

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.