query <- glue(
        "select
        round ((aust.DTH_DESENFORNAMENTO - aust.dth_enfornamento),7)*1440 as HF

from
        qt_qts.res_tubo_austenitizacao aust

WHERE
       HF between 'input$time1' and 'input$time2' <----------------- THE ERROR
       ")

But it show that HF is not recognized in my code. So, i tried to put the full name (aust.DTH_DESENFORNAMENTO - aust.dth_enfornamento) and it worked... BUT, i need to put the full expression, what converts the time to seconds (((aust.DTH_DESENFORNAMENTO - aust.dth_enfornamento),7)*1440). That way, an error appear, cause of the expression.
I'm using ORACLE database

How can I refeer to the HF time with no error in my code?

The reference to the HF column looks legit; it rather seems you have a problem with gluing the query string together.

I would suggest splitting your code into two steps:

• constructing the query string first
  • and only then applying it

That way you can isolate the query string (either via printing or using browser()) and debug it in your favorite DB management kit.

I suspect you might want to convert the contents of the input fields to numbers, and your usage of single and double quotes feels wrong, but I am not a glue expert.

query <- glue(
        "select
        round ((aust.DTH_DESENFORNAMENTO - aust.dth_enfornamento),7)*1440 as HF

from
        qt_qts.res_tubo_austenitizacao aust

WHERE
       HF between 'input$time1' and 'input$time2' ")

# stop right here! - browser() or what not

df <- dbGetQuery(
      connection_reportUser,
      query)
2 Likes

You need to use braces to have glue convert the variable names to values, e.g. it should be '{input$time1}'

Also if you plan to do more construction of SQL strings with glue I would encourage you to explore using glue_sql() which is designed for this purpose.

2 Likes

This is similar to your other question, so use braces {} and construct the sql query inside a reactive function that way you would have access to input.

1 Like

Guys, thanks for the help.

It worked that way:

...WHERE
ROUND((aust.DTH_DESENFORNAMENTO - aust.dth_enfornamento),7)*1440 between '{input$time1}' and '{input$time2}'`

I just need to put the ROUND inside the WHERE condition.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: SQL syntax issues with glue and shiny

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.