Error installing Arules

Hi guys, I cannot install arules, below is the message I am getting back, appreciate any help, thank you!

My version of R is:

sessionInfo()
R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19044)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.utf8 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.utf8
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.utf8 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.utf8

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.2.0 tools_4.2.0

PS. Had to remove some links from below since new users cannot link so much! Links replaced with "xx"

--

install.packages("arules")
Warning in install.packages :
unable to access index for repository xx
cannot open URL xx
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

cannot open URL
package ‘arules’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere,
see the ideas at xxx
cannot open URL

This seems like a connectivity issue, R is not being able to connect to the CRAN repository you have selected, these are some things to try.

• Choose a different CRAN repository, RStudios repository is a good choice (http://cran.rstudio.com/) or you could choose one that is geographically closer to you.
  • Disable secure download setting.
  • Check if your internet connection has traffic restrictions of some kind, like a firewall, proxy server, etc. This is usually the case when you are at work or school.

Thank you so much Andresrcs! It was fixed and now I have the package installed! :slight_smile: It was because of the traffic restriction as you said since I'm working from company network.

Another questions (not sure if I'm allowed to continue on this thread)
I'm trying to change my basket order into transaction type data, i tried the below two and both are returning errors. Not sure if you or anyone could help, thank you!!

tr = as(celine.basket$baskets, "transactions")
Error in as(celine.basket$baskets, "transactions") :
no method or default for coercing “character” to “transactions”

tr <- read.transactions(celine.basket, format= 'basket', sep = ',')
Error in readLines(file, encoding = encoding) : 'con' is not a connection

This is a very different question, we like to keep things tidy around here so please ask it on a new topic providing a relevant REPRoducible EXample (reprex) illustrating your issue.

Thank you Andresrcs, will do! Have a gd day

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.