Error Message When Loading Data

data01 <- read_csv("D:\Google Analytics\08 Capstone\Case Study 1\Original Data Files\202101-divvy-tripdata.csv")
Error: '\G' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting ""D:\G"I'm trying to load a dataset and got the following error:

Switch the slashes:

data01 <- read_csv("D:/Google Analytics/08 Capstone/Case Study 1/Original Data Files/202101-divvy-tripdata.csv")

Or use \\, but / is more portable.

As you can tell I am a beginner. I switched the slashes and got the message:
data01 <- read_csv("D:/Google Analytics/08 Capstone/Case Study 1/Original Data Files/202101-divvy-tripdata.csv")
Error: 'D:/Google Analytics/08 Capstone/Case Study 1/Original Data Files/202101-divvy-tripdata.csv' does not exist.

The dataset is saved on a flashdrive. Should I move it to my C: Drive?

It looks like you have not specified the path or filename correctly. There should not be a problem using a flash drive.

If you cannot find the error in the path, then try typing the line in the RStudio source window, using the tab and arrow keys to select each directory as you go along.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.