Error: package or namespace load failed ...

I've installed latest versions of R and RStudio for Windows 10 (64 bits) but I keep getting the message bellow (I checked the path and the dll is there...)
How should I proceed to get past this?
Thanks
Luis

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘bibliometrix’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...): unable to load shared object 'C:/Program Files/R/R-4.0.0/library/stats/libs/x64/stats.dll': LoadLibrary failure: The specified module could not be found.

You should try reinstalling bibliometrix :package:
Did you try already ?

Yes I did...
Effectively I uninstalled everything and re-installed from scratch.
I accepted all default installation options to avoid introducing any error in the process and confirmed the dll file is located in the indicated path.
Any suggestion?
Thanks

I was mistaken by the error message. It is the stats R :package: that fails to load.
This comes with R installation so I guess there could be something off with the R installation.

I don't have the solution apart from doing what you already have done: installing again.

Maybe someone else will have encounter the same issue. :man_shrugging:

Thanks anyway.
Lets hope someone else installing R recently found a solution.

Have you also delete the package library? That folder remains even after uninstall.
I would try again with a clean R installation including the package libraries.

1 Like

Effectively there were some files not deleted by uninstall.
I deleted them, re-installed R and everything runned smoothly.
Many thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.